Day 11 Along the Weser with a brass band and dangerous caterpillars

Today I was mainly following the River Weser from Minden towards Bremen.
This was the impressive lock building at Minden(bike for scale)
I then followed the Weser Radwweg
The path has a scale model of the planetary system  several of my cycling friends will be familiar with a similar thing on the York Cycle Path.
I reached the town of Petershagen. The street was closed to traffic for a street festival. I watched the brass band for a while, then noticed I had a puncture. So I was able to fix while listening to the band.
It didn't take me long to get back on the road. I was making towards my 2nd ferry of the trip.  The solar powered Petra ferry 
I kept seeing these signs on roadside trees.  Google translate then explained that this was a warning about oak processionary caterpillars, which are very dangerous to touch


I stopped in the town of Verden for a break. The local fire brigade posed for me whilst I took a selfie


It was a windy day with this mainly being on my left side. You don't realise how noisy it is until you enter  a forest. I took a moment to relax and reflect whilst stopped on this wonderful road.


My day finished at the Sturberg campsite about 25 miles East of Bremen
Spicy pasta for dinner


And a drink of Gut Rot!




Summary 72.02 miles, with just 1,171 ft of climb



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Day 9 Into BAOR

Getting to the start