Day 4. Nearing the Rhine

My ride started in the town of Plochingen and I was going towards Stuttgart. The cycle path was excellent and followed the River Neckar all the way into the city.
If I had more time, I might have squeezed a Parkrun in. It was nice to cheer the runners on and the course looked very nice.
This bridge was part of the course.
Leaving Stuttgart was equally pleasant. I loved this park 
My route took me through the town of Markgroeningen and had a festival on with a massive funfair, food stalls, beer etc. No time to stop though.
The whole area is a wine region. Glad I didn't have to climb up these steps to the town of  Hohenhaslach
With 20 miles to go I came across these locals and their party bus, which they towed around the countrysudw every weekend.
I couldn't refuse the beer they offered me.
I paid €16 for this pitch by the lake. Unfortunately I didn't have time for a swim.
The day finished with this spectacular sunset.
Summary
My longest ride of the tour so far.
70 miles and 2,700 ft of climb. Plus a headwind!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Day 9 Into BAOR

Getting to the start