Day 2 away from the Alps.

Absolutely disastrous morning. Any speed over 5mph caused a really dangerous wobble or shimmy. I looked into sending all my camping kit home via DHL.
Did a little research and remembered the last time this happened. I then put as much weight as possible into the front two panniers and this solves the problem. I'd lost a couple of hours so had to pedal hard into the headwind for the rest of the way.
Different scenery, but absolutely beautiful still.

The roads are in great condition and fairly quiet. The busier roads, especially in town have really good cycle paths.
The bike was going really well after the adjustments. This was a great view over a lake with mountains in the background.

I arrived in Memmingen where I had landed two days before. I have flown here loads of times to go skiing, but I've never seen the town. I will have to go back some day for a better look around.
A passerby took this photo of me by the South Town Gate. 


I arrived at my planned campsite a little later than planned. There was a sign outside saying they were full, but fortunately they found me a spot, which was conveniently close to loos and dishwashing area. They also had a small restaurant and I had a very nice burger and chips.



Summary of my ride.
67 miles with 1900 feet of climbing. Very hot, with temperatures in the 30s all day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Day 9 Into BAOR

Getting to the start